Before you connect to a harness fall arrest system you are legally obligated to have a rescue plan. Easy Guides’ Heights Rescue Plan helps companies to develop smarter, better and more responsive rescue plans, helping them to protect the health of employees working in potentially hazardous environments. Simple to read and easy to understand, this guide is an asset to any business where employees are regularly required to work at heights.
The ‘How to Prevent Falls at Workplaces’ National code of practice states:
“A person conducting a business or undertaking who implements a fall arrest system as a control measure must establish emergency and rescue procedures.
The rescue of a worker who is suspended in a full body harness must occur promptly to prevent suspension intolerance.”
To allow the chosen control measures to operate effectively, you should:
- Develop work procedures that include the correct installation, use and maintenance of the control measure, as well as emergency and rescue procedures.
- Provide information, training and instruction to workers, including procedures for emergency and rescue.
Make sure you meet your legal obligations by using this Work at Heights Rescue Plan from Easy Guides.
- Time based rescue task management ensures the rescue can be completed within 5 minutes
- 50 pages lets you plan rescues for 50 jobs
- Costs per job is only $1
- Latest suspension trauma first aid information (as per the Australian Resuscitation Council’s guidelines) in simple picture format contained on the back of each sheet for easy reference
- Individually numbered for record keeping
- Work equipment checklist included in rescue plan
- Rescue equipment checklist included in rescue plan
- Rescue tasks assigned to specific people in the team
- Final checklist before work begins
If there are any problems with your order, please phone 1300 733 220